Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas and God Bless!!!

A very merry Christmas to all. I hope that this wonderful Christmas season has brought peace and joy to everyone. As so many at this time get caught up in the commercialism of Christmas and "Santa" it is so very important to remember the true meaning of Christmas. The birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and what he has done for all mankind. I am truly grateful to have him in my life and to receive the many many blessings that I do everyday!
As many of you know last year was a very hard year for our family and so this Christmas we were particularly looking forward to a peaceful relaxing Christmas. We had such a wonderful morning and it was such a joy to watch the kids open their presents. (This was the first year that Ethan really got into Christmas and the "Santa" thing :) and Aria was also quite excited mostly because of her big brother's lead) This year we were the recipients of a sub for santa. Thank you and God Bless our dear Bishop for giving them our names and helping to make this such a special Christmas for our family. The night that the young group came to deliver the gifts (trying to be discreet of course) Danny and I were just watching a movie and had the blinds open so we saw them sneaking to our door and running away. What a joy to see the excitement on their faces. It is surprising how humbling it is to receive such a generous offer. I was almost brought to tears as I thought of the kindness we have been shown. My hope and prayer is that next year we will be able to be more charitable in our hearts and spread some of our joy and blessings to others.

No comments: