Monday, June 15, 2009

Emma in command of the world!

I finally got an exersaucer for Emma and she seems to really like it. It took a few days for her to get comfy with it but now she's rockin' and rollin' like her big sis' and bro' did. Ethan was the ultimate rocker in his "command center" (as we used to call it) in fact it's still downstairs and he loves to spin his little heart out.
In honor of our old "command" center I thought I'd put up some pictures of those gone before.




"Command center" second generation



I wanted to share a little poem that Danny wrote about Ethan when he was a little mansir. (the beads on the command center reminded me of it) Makes me laugh everytime I read it.

The Pain, and the Grief, and the Misery of the Man Sir

Car rides are okay… even good. But they had better be brief. Sleeping throughout the night is still a peculiar thing. Food must be provided immediately upon demand. And although the hole in his head has recently closed, it still terrifies him when anyone but himself spins the beads of the Command Center.

When all and more is not as stated above, there is much pain, and grief, and misery of the man sir. All is then terribleness. For then there be convulsions and contortions, shaking and quivering, howling and wailing, trembling and tears. Consolation shall not soon come, neither forgiveness, for great is the pain, and the grief, and the misery of the Man Sir.

No comments: